RATIFICATION SCHEDULE & INSTRUCTIONS
NJ DEP / NJ DOH / NJ DHS / AGRICULTURE
LOCAL 1036 Voting Period: Thursday, March 7 through 2:00pm on Wednesday, March 20
Members in good standing are eligible to vote. Non-members may join to become members at any time.
Voting will be by secret ballot, whether in-person or online. How you vote is confidential.
Worksite Voting will be held in large work sites in Trenton. (See below).
- QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS ON HEALTH CARE PLANS
- Summary of the Tentative Agreement
- Plan Design Chart - includes all available plans starting 7/1/2019
- Employee Contribution Charts
COMMON CONCERNS/QUESTIONS ABOUT THE NEW HEALTH BENEFIT PLANS
1. Keep Your Current Doctors: CWA Unity plan is administered by the State Health Benefits Plan and Horizon, Aetna. Our new plan uses exactly the same networks of Horizon and Aetna as the current NJDirect (Horizon) and Freedom (Aetna) PPO plans. If you use NJDirect providers in Horizon now, they are the same providers as the CWA PPO plan. Same goes for Aetna users. We are using the same national networks of providers as the current plans. There is no change in this with the new plan.
2. Open Enrollment: Do I need to do anything if I am moving from NJDirect to CWA PPO with the Horizon network? Do I need to do anything if I am moving from Aetna Freedom to the CWA PPO with the Aetna network?
Open enrollment for the CWA plan is happening between April and June 2019. The new plan will take effect July 1, 2019. Migration will be automatic from your current PPO plan to the CWA PPO based on your selected network, Horizon or Aetna.
If you have NJDirect with Horizon now and want to keep that network, you will be automatically enrolled in CWA PPO with Horizon.
If you have Aetna Freedom now and want to keep that network, you will be automatically enrolled in CWA PPO with Aetna.
Since we are starting the new CWA plan in July 2019, we will have a 6-month remainder to this year and then we will go back on the regular open enrollment and plan year schedule for 2020. Open enrollment for 2020 will be in October 2019.
Deductibles, out of pocket maximums, etc. that have already been spent under your existing plan (NJDirect or Freedom) will carry forward to the CWA PPO for the remainder of the 2019 plan year.
3. Pre-approvals: Any pre-approvals you have for the 2019 plan year for a healthcare service (bi-weekly injectables, for example) carries through to the new CWA PPO plan. You will not need another pre-approval. Remember, the network providers (Horizon and Aetna) are the same with the CWA PPO plan as with the current plans.
4. Coverage Charts and Costs: Many of us have not looked at a coverage chart in a long time, or do not know the coverage limits for the current NJDirect/Freedom plans now. Looking at a chart for the new CWA Plan might be confusing, but these coverages actually exist for the current plants now.
- What is the In Network Coinsurance of 10%? This is the same as NJ Direct 15 and Aetna Freedom 15 now. A member will pay 10% of the cost of in-network specialty services such as ambulance, durable medical equipment, and prosthetics. This co-insurance exists in the current plans. The CWA plan is the same as current plans. Again, this is the same coverage level as the current plans, not a change.
- What is the Out of Network Coinsurance of 30% This is the same as NJ Direct 15 and Aetna Freedom 15 now. A member will pay 30% of the cost of out-of-network services, meaning a provider that does not accept your Horizon or Aetna insurance. This is the same coverage level as the current plans, not a change.
ONLINE VOTING – Field Sites and Absentee voting
Online voting will be offered only for absentee voting and to members outside the worksite voting areas.
Online Voting information will be EMAILED to members in worksites not listed above.
Ballots will be emailed to your work email address starting Thursday, March 7 and you can vote online any time until 2:00pm on Wednesday, March 20.
ABSENTEE BALLOTS MAY BE REQUESTED
Absentee ballots may be requested ONLY by calling the Local at (609) 530-0060.
Do not email your staff rep or steward. Absentee ballots will be cast online.
A report of final results will be broadcast to all members after voting closes on March 20th
WORKSITE VOTING SCHEDULE